logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
onewuzzle

Default Spry menu bar on each page?

Hi I am totally new to Dreamweaver and am just attempting to do a website. I have put a Spry bar on the homepage which I have then adapted and saved as each of the other pages in the site (I wanted to do this so that the positioning of the logo etc was exactly the same on each page - there is probably a proper way to do this but I don't know how!). Anyway - so I have three pages currently that has the same Spry bar on - but when I click on each page the bar holds different links and it appears I need to set up the same links from the bar on each page - is this right? I don't want to do this if there is a 'proper' way of doing it!

Thank you in advance for any help!
onewuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
DWcourse

If the pages are all in the same folder, I don't see why the links would need to be different but maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. Can you post a link to your pages?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
onewuzzle

Oh - I am not sure how I post a link to the pages - I am so clearly not a bit out of my depth! Erm - once I set up a link for a Spry menu which is then replicated on another page is it supposed to automatically replicate the link too - or do I have to go to that page and set up the link over again? I am trying to create a site that has a Spry bar on each page that is identical but I can't figure out an easy way of doing it. I will go and try and look at how to post a link but it might take me a while!

onewuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
DWcourse

Sounds like what you should be doing is using a template but you really should be learning the basics of Dreamweaver and HTML and CSS at this point.