logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #21
nwcountry

That makes good sense. Because I was trying so hard to help the owners understand how websites work, as far as getting traffic, I appreciate the guys post. I didn't look heavy into anything else. He does know about the keyword thing but now, after hearing what you have to say, I realize that there are better ways to insure people find you, and, then, make your site someplace they can trust and continue doing biz with.

If you can recommend anything I can read to understand the best ways to market your site, or, get traffic, I am open for suggestions.

Anything free "and" good is appreciated but also, I understand I may have to pay something to get some really good advice. Thanks, Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodjs View Post
hi

well honest answer about the SEO of my site.

my website is about personal development and thats the keyword that I wanted to rank high for and basically you have to think what people is going to type to find your site and I dont think they are going to type money lovers to find information about personal development. I moved this site to a new address www.creating-yourlife.com im working on my 301 redirect now.

google doesnt use the keyword meta tag, regardless I want to get targeted traffic and this site is not getting it.

there is many factor that can help you get better ranking and the big one is get other sites link to your site, google take that as a vote for your site even better if that site is linking to you and your not linking to them, mean that person likes your site and for google means good quality content.

Ill keep working on my seo with my new address, and see....
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #22
edbr

as the keyword use keeps rising though this article by matt cutts , googles deep throat spells it out
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/keywor...in-web-search/

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #23
nwcountry

Default Thank you edbr

I'll take a look at it now Denise

PS Edbr, I can't thank you enough for that, that is such good info. I know the people with the cranberry bogs won't understand it but at least I have learned something valuable for my future website building. Thank you again, Denise

PSS by the way, when I was gabbin with a lot of people doing Affiliate Marketing, they were goin nuts with those keywords, yeah, I can understand Google not wanting websites that used, say, the work chocolate every other word, geesh!!! Stupid articles with so much repetition thinking they would flood the first page of search engines. I thought it was cr_p then and now I know my gut instinct was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
as the keyword use keeps rising though this article by matt cutts , googles deep throat spells it out

Last edited by nwcountry; 10-12-2010 at 01:39 AM..
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #24
DWcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
Of course, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to question the veracity of Google. (I did the logo for these guys: http://gevil.org/)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #25
patodjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
I'll take a look at it now Denise

PS Edbr, I can't thank you enough for that, that is such good info. I know the people with the cranberry bogs won't understand it but at least I have learned something valuable for my future website building. Thank you again, Denise
Hi there's a lot of help out there but on my own personal experience I have learn so many thing from the google webmaster forums and videos you can check out their youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleWebmasterHelp

Regards
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #26
DWcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjones123 View Post
my site is not optimizing on search engines although i am applying all the off page techniques .
could anyone suggest me what changes should i made in my meta to secure a good ranking.
Changes to your meta data won't insure good rankings. Read the whole thread here for suggestions.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #27
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjones123 View Post
could anyone suggest me what changes should i made in my meta to secure a good ranking.
Like Ed said, the meta tags will not affect your ranking.

What is your website URL?
Closed Thread