logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
joespooner

Default Spry menu bar widget

I'm putting a horizontal Spry menu on my site. After I use the insert menu and the Spry widget appears, I have added menu items and submenu items. It works fine.

But, and this is driving me crazy....

The widget will disappear from the properties window and I have no idea how to get it to return, other than deleting the menu entirely and starting all over.

I'm sure there's a very simple solution. I've looked through the Dreamweaver CS4 "Missing Manual," I've looked at the online help, I've even raised my voice.
joespooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
joespooner

I finally found, on an online tutorial, that if you lose the widget, hover the cursor over the upper left-hand corner of the menu and a blue box will appear. Click in the blue area and the widget will return.
I placed the cursor where I was told to. No blue box. And clicking did not make the widget appear.
Finally.
I looked through all of my menus and setting again and tried...
Views > Visual Aids > Invisible Elements. I checked the "Invisible Elements" and the blue box appeared. And clicking it brought back the widget.
joespooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
DWcourse

Sorry not to be able to help you sooner. You can select the menubar even with Show Invisible Elements by clicking to place the insertion point anywhere within the menu. Then in the list of tags in the status bar at the bottom of the Document window click on the tag that looks something like:

<ul.MenuBarVertical#MenuBar1>

to select the entire menu (which is really an unordered list).
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
dobbies

Default Spry menu bar widget

I hope I am not hi-jacking this post but I'm also new to spry and I'm experiencing the same problem as "joespooner".

When I create a brand new HTML page and insert the default horizontal spry menubar the blue widget appears together with the properties panel at the foot of the page and I can edit the menu to my hearts content.

However, once the menu has been edited, saved and the page closed, when I open it again I cannot get the blue widget to re-appear nor can I get back to the properties panel to edit the main menu and sub menus as before.

I've researched the problem but haven't yet found a solution. One suggestion was similar to the one given in this post by DWcourse which was "whilst in design view, click anywhere on the menu then click on <ul>menubarhorizontal#menubar1> just above the properties page but this doesn't bring back the widget nor the properties panel.

I'm struggling on this one so any advice would be appreciated.

cheers
dobbies is offline   Reply With Quote