logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > ASP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
cocoonfx

Default ASP?????? Strange problem

Hello Chaps....

This may not make sense as I don't understand what happened....... I have taken over a site with an ASP database running a members area. I am in the process of making a better database using PHP and MySQL but I still need to make slight amendments to the ASP database. Ok last night I downloaded what i assumed to be the database it was in an Access format to my PC via Filezilla. (the previous administrator made a pigs ear of the whole site so it took me 2 hours to located the database.)

I then made a copy of the database and then opened the database by holding down shift to get to the tables. I then found the user table and changed the sort form Acsending to Decending. Save the file and then uploaded and over right the old database.

I then found to my horror that the login screens on the front end no longer worked and all the branding went and the head is should APSNet 3.6.2

So I then thought ok got the original no problem over right the updated one and everything should be restored...... no such luck.

As you can probably tell I have no experiene with ASP and I was wondering if I have done a critical error or possibly on the upload something could of been corrupted.

The only thing is the day before some of the posts disappeared from the database which lead me to make the changes. Can anyone advise what is the best method to update and change ASP database and could someone advise if what i did was sensible and the correct way. Or could it be something wrong on the hosts side???

HELP!
cocoonfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Corrosive

It's not anything to do with Access versions is it? Saved as 2007 when it should be 2000/3 maybe. I know I've had terrible trouble with Access versions in the past. Just I suggestion...I am no expert!
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
cocoonfx

hummm good point.... however I have noticed that when i open the databases its asking me to repair and compact which says to me the database is damaged in some way.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Corrosive

How big is it? Because there is a max size I think.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
cocoonfx

it was 750KB and everytime I open the file it grows.... i can't even find the compact database in access 2007..... its been a while since i have used access.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
edbr

what a night mare , id take the phone off the hook and hurry up with php

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
cocoonfx

your not far wrong.... 2nd late night in a row..... i have decided to go wordpress.... and lots of plugins saves a lot of time.....