logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
DWcourse

The template is linked to files create based upon it. When you update the template and save, DW offers to update the pages based upon it. If you say yeas the pages update. You then have to upload all the pages that changed. It's not required to upload the template.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
Johnny Mac

ahh... uploading the changed pages required.. got it... the template actually does nothing on the remote server?

and so which rule centers the nav bar? I only find left, right, inherit and none?

thanks for everything.. with your help I've accomplished more in the past 24hrs than all of last week!
Johnny Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
DWcourse

Since your ul.MenuBarHorizontal li rule contains float:right (it has to float right or left) everything aligns to the right of the main ul which is 968 pixels wide (the same as your layout).

If you set the left and right margins of ul.MenuBarHorizontal to auto, the width to auto and get rid of the absolute positioning that might do it:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal
{
margin: 20;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
font-size: 100%;
cursor: default;
width: auto;
Since your ul.MenuBarHorizontal li rule contains float:right (it has to float right or left) everything aligns to the right of the main ul which is 968 pixels wide (the same as your layout).

If you set the left and right margins of ul.MenuBarHorizontal to auto, the width to auto and get rid of the absolute positioning that might do it:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal
{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
font-size: 100%;
cursor: default;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
}

The width: auto should base the overall width of the menu on the combined width of the top-level list items.

The left and right margins set to auto, will center the ul in its container (div id=container in your case).

In a dreamweaver Spry menubar NEVER add or edit any position property unless you seriously know what you're doing.