logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > ASP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Beeky

Default Login and Registration Forms

I am nearly at the stage to upload a new website. I am not, at this stage anyway, looking to collect money through a shopping cart although this may come later. What I want to happen is that once a visitor has accessed the first page (Home or index page) and then clicked on a link to go further he/she is asked to register before proceeding. Once Registered the visitor will need to login each time the site is visited. Once logged in the visitor will be allowed access to files to download. I also want to be able to capture the registration details for future marketing research. Can anyone help by pointing me where I can find the best tutorial (preferably video) to work on this?
Beeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeky View Post
I am nearly at the stage to upload a new website. I am not, at this stage anyway, looking to collect money through a shopping cart although this may come later. What I want to happen is that once a visitor has accessed the first page (Home or index page) and then clicked on a link to go further he/she is asked to register before proceeding. Once Registered the visitor will need to login each time the site is visited. Once logged in the visitor will be allowed access to files to download. I also want to be able to capture the registration details for future marketing research. Can anyone help by pointing me where I can find the best tutorial (preferably video) to work on this?
Hi. Does this have to be done with ASP? DavidJ has a tutorial about doing this with PHP here...

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-login-script.php

I'd suggest you run through all his tutorials as well, just to get a good grounding.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Beeky

Thanks but yes I am using ASP.
Beeky is offline   Reply With Quote