logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Job Offers and Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
Corrosive

I'd have to agree with Rob. Hire a local web designer who is happy to teach you bits and pieces along the way. Your site is not badly marked up at all. Some interesting use of break tags (never seen one used here before:
Code:
<link href="/assets/style_sheets/styles1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><br>
) but on the whole it is good.

I think your layout has some issues though, like the majority of the nav being at the foot of the page. You have to scroll down a long way to use it on some pages.

I'd suggest a redesign by a local designer but sticking to the basic elements/look of your design. Let them know that you are comfortable with DW and you will update it yourself once they have finished.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
domedia
Administrator

hmm looks like you have two options.
1. Learn it yourself, thought here and online tutorials/books
2. Hav esomeone redesign soemthing for you which you can edit and use since you're hands on.

I think the choice might come down to the time you have available. If you;re a little slow now and have the time to learn, spend some time learn html, css and also some design. You're pages look good, but can look better

If you're busy and don't have so much time, have someone help you out.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
up4dw

Well if anyone is interested in doing a clean up for me pm me with a quote and scope. Would like a long term relationship going forward. I will always bee needing a little of this or that.

Solar Electric
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
up4dw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
I'd have to agree with Rob. Hire a local web designer who is happy to teach you bits and pieces along the way. Your site is not badly marked up at all. Some interesting use of break tags (never seen one used here before:
Code:
<link href="/assets/style_sheets/styles1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><br>
) but on the whole it is good.

I think your layout has some issues though, like the majority of the nav being at the foot of the page. You have to scroll down a long way to use it on some pages.

I'd suggest a redesign by a local designer but sticking to the basic elements/look of your design. Let them know that you are comfortable with DW and you will update it yourself once they have finished.
That was cool getting rid of the <br> solved one of my nagging problems. Now today is a good day again. Thanks Corrosive

As far as the nav bar at the bottom. Relay inst even needed. The reason my index page is so long is key word placement for search engine. I doubt anyone ever reads anything past the product thumbs. I think people are mostly price shopping. The important thing is to get them there and make finding the price and the generators they need.

I could be wrong.

Solar Electric
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
edbr

keywords arent hugely important these days and there is supposed to be a lmit to about 200 characters advised, although im not convinced that matters, just doesnt help much

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
That was cool getting rid of the <br> solved one of my nagging problems. Now today is a good day again. Thanks Corrosive
He, he. No problem
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote