logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > HTML and CSS
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
CaliWilli

Wow edbr, first of all thanks for taking the time to do this. When I first read it, it was greek. Last night after I first posted this question I went through a CSS tutorial and gained a little bit of knowledge concerning div placements and class id's but I still couldn't get anything to work the way I wanted it to. I previously used tables to control all of my content, which is, at this point, one website that isn't published yet. It looks like I have a long way to go, but just copying and pasting the code above into an html file has helped me understand it more than that entire tutorial.

Here are my questions about this...
Relating to the use of tables concerning page layout, the #wrapper id in your CSS would represent the main table, in as much as, it is the "container" for all of the other div tags, is this correct?

I noticed that changing the browser's window size affects the content, would that be remedied by assigning an absolute positioning instead of relative, if no, how is that controlled?

If the answer to question number two is yes, then all of the other div tags could be placed relatively without affecting them no matter the viewers window size, is that correct?

I hope I'm not bothering you with all of these questions, it just seems that I have struck paydirt in this forum, and I'm going to try to spend it!!!