logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
walkamongus

Cool behavior list incomplete

what i want to do is add the "appear" behavior to a single letter on my page, problem is that the command "onLOAD" doesnt seem to exist in my menu. i have other "on" options, but i saw the onLOAD behavior on a tutorial and it would work perfectly... thanks for any responses.

-tim
walkamongus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkamongus View Post
what i want to do is add the "appear" behavior to a single letter on my page, problem is that the command "onLOAD" doesnt seem to exist in my menu. i have other "on" options, but i saw the onLOAD behavior on a tutorial and it would work perfectly... thanks for any responses.

-tim
Not sure if this is it but are you showing behaviours for all browsers? There is a choice somewhere. Which vers of DW are you using?
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
walkamongus

awesome. yeah i had to check "4.0 and later browsers". will that work for most people? i really appreciate the reply
Old 08-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
domedia
Administrator

The 4 browsers are obsolete. Some, like myself, doesn't even give the 5 browser a second thought. You must be using an old version of DW.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
The 4 browsers are obsolete. Some, like myself, doesn't even give the 5 browser a second thought. You must be using an old version of DW.
Domedia is right. If your using an older DW, select the browsers as high as it will let you and just don't worry about it.

Glad it worked for you though.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
walkamongus

thanks for the replies. i got it to work once but this is still giving me problems. im using CS3 9.0. mine says you can "show events for"...

4.0 and later browsers
html 4.01
IE 4.0
IE 5.0
IE 5.5
IE 6.0
Netscape 4.0
Netscape 6.0

heres what i do... draw an ap div, type some text inside, select it in design view and also in the behaviors dialogue box, and choose appear. it is set to onClick by default. but no matter which browser i select to the events for, the onLoad behavior doesnt show up as an option. maybe im not looking in the right place or something...
Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
Corrosive

Quote:
thanks for the replies. i got it to work once but this is still giving me problems. im using CS3 9.0. mine says you can "show events for"...

4.0 and later browsers
html 4.01
IE 4.0
IE 5.0
IE 5.5
IE 6.0
Netscape 4.0
Netscape 6.0

heres what i do... draw an ap div, type some text inside, select it in design view and also in the behaviors dialogue box, and choose appear. it is set to onClick by default. but no matter which browser i select to the events for, the onLoad behavior doesnt show up as an option. maybe im not looking in the right place or something...
onLoad may not be an option (although I think it should be). Why not set your behaviour up as onClick, go into code view, find the code and swap onClick for onLoad? That will tell you if it will work or not.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
walkamongus

tried it, but it doesnt show up when i preview it. however now that ive entered it in code view it has saved onLoad as an option in design view, but when i try to use it there i get this...
"onLoad is not a valid event for the DIV tag. Please check for spelling errors, or choose a different browser or specification from the Show Events For menu."

i have found that i cant add the appear onLoad to DIVs, only to images... weird, seems like you should be able to get your div on.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #9
Corrosive

Quote:
tried it, but it doesnt show up when i preview it. however now that ive entered it in code view it has saved onLoad as an option in design view, but when i try to use it there i get this...
"onLoad is not a valid event for the DIV tag. Please check for spelling errors, or choose a different browser or specification from the Show Events For menu."

i have found that i cant add the appear onLoad to DIVs, only to images... weird, seems like you should be able to get your div on.
I must admit to not having used behaviours for a while. I thought they applied to layers/apdivs but maybe not proper (relative) DIV Tags. Does it work in a browser when you view it?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #10
walkamongus

no nothing happens when i preview the page. i changed the text that i was having problems with to an image and the behavior works just fine