logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
m1a2x3x7

Default Spry Frameworks

Ok, I'm really into this spry. I want to learn as much as I can about it and I downloaded the pre-release of the frameworks. But I don't get it. It's just a bunch of files. Am I missing the point of a "frameworks"

There's no program just files. Anyone else download it?

Are they just showing what will be in the program?
m1a2x3x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

Yes I think you're missing it If you don't know javascript you should not dabble in using the SPRY framework.

Dreamweaver uses it to create some nifty stuff, and it sounds like you should use it from the WYSIWYG.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
m1a2x3x7

The whole point for spry is for people that dont know javascript or know minimal javascript it's a designer tool.

The Spry framework is a way to incorporate XML, JSON or HTML data into pages using HTML, CSS, and a minimal amount of JavaScript, without the need for refreshing the entire page. Spry also provides easy to build and style widgets, providing advanced page elements for end users. The Spry framework is HTML-centric, and easy to implement for users with basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The framework was designed such that the markup is simple and the JavaScript is minimal. The Spry framework can be used by anyone who is authoring for the web in their tool of choice.

It is designed to take the complexity out of Ajax and allow designers to easily create Web 2.0 pages.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
m1a2x3x7

Not a JavaScript guru? No problem. Spry was designed to feel like an extension of HTML and CSS, so anyone with basic web-production skills can create next-generation web experiences by adding the power of Ajax to their pages.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
domedia
Administrator

ok, sounds you're all set then
Old 12-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Mark Duffy

The question has not been answered.
Waste of time reply...To suggest that someone should not use spry because they do not know javaScript is missing the point of Dreamweaver. Spry and Ajax are amazing in makeing a web page act like a local application.

So Agan. Does anyone have the answer What do we do with the downloaded files.

Thanks in advamce.
Mark Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
domedia
Administrator

The spry framework and DW's implementation of it is not the exact same thing.
If you're going to use DW's implementation of the spry framework with it's pre made modules, it's all covered in the manual. If you want to use the spry framework yourself by downloading it like the OP did, I don't see how you can use it without JS knowledge. But don't take my word for it, download it yourself and see how it works for you
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
m1a2x3x7

what i've learned form the frameworks is...they are a bunch of examples then you go into that code and take way you would like and implement it into your site.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
Mark Duffy

Default DW CS3, Ajax and PHP by David Powers

Hi I am using this book. With a litle effort and some time Spry is explained very well. All backed up with downloaded files to check yours against. Lots of other stuff aas explained in the title.
Mark Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote