View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
tahsin1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleone View Post
Yes, I agree with you. Jooma is originally a blog/news CMS and that's why they came up with a structure like this this and it can be quite confusing if you're dealing for the first time with them. In joomla 1.6 they've dropped the whole article, section and category thing to make it easier to build other type of sites with it (at least that's what I've read, but not tested myself yet).

You can load more then one template if you want to have a page that has a different layout or design then your main template, you just crate another template of this just like you've created your main template. Upload all the files to a new directory called 'services' in your template directory and then in the admin go to extensions --> template manager --> click the 'services' template and within the template edit page you see an option called 'menu assignment' where you choose 'select from list'. Select your services menu item --> click on save --> and you're done! Now whenever you click on the front-end on 'services' in your menu. it will load that special designed template for that page.
Thanks man! Thats the problem I had with joomla and got frustrated with when I did not understand why i cant create different layout with the backend. Ill post my results here ]

Cheers
tahsin1982 is offline   Reply With Quote