Dreamweaver Club Forums

Dreamweaver Club Forums (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum//index.php)
-   Dreamweaver Club Cafe (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   We need new Member Rank names! (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum//showthread.php?t=27436)

mangofreak 03-06-2008 01:38 AM

what about we use the club's logo instead of a meter or beans. 1 for a begginer and incrementally to 10 for a die hard member like Davidj. I think it's more representative of DW as well as the club.

domedia 03-06-2008 02:37 PM

Sitepoint uses something similar.. I think that's a really good idea..

Jittor 03-06-2008 02:55 PM

What about if we use the DC logo as a meter - it starts out clear and slowly fills up as they post more, it can also have the 1-10 like mangofreak suggested.

Wow - that would be a lot of DC logos one one page

davidj 03-06-2008 02:57 PM

i think we should have one logo for every one post !

Ricky55 04-07-2008 10:26 PM

call me a traditionalist but what's wrong with what we have now?

They make sense to everyone, plus I'm proud to have my gold star.

Rob_Che 04-08-2008 10:02 AM

I think the problem with that is Ricky is that I'm now a silver member...
This is based on posts alone but I haven't helped anyone !
The rankings should show some knowledge & prowess with DW and the ability to help / advise / ridicule :)

If IndianLeo posts 300 posts would you want him having the same 'Gold Star' as you !? :rolleyes:

domedia 04-08-2008 02:13 PM

The membership level is only based upon post count, and will always be based on this :)
With this in mind, maybe we shouldn't use the word 'member' in it?
Based on this what should we call it?

Also remember that this is not a help forum, this is a DW forum, so amount of help given to people asking for help has nothing to do with the membership level :)
Although it seems that almost every post here is about someone needing help with something.

Death Dream 04-08-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_Che (Post 137120)
I think the problem with that is Ricky is that I'm now a silver member...
This is based on posts alone but I haven't helped anyone !

ROFL!!!! hahah nice.

Maybe, if this hasn't been said already (not gona go back and re-read), a reputation system needs to be put into effect then. I'm sure most of you have seen the reputation used on other vBulletin forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by domedia (Post 137130)
The membership level is only based upon post count, and will always be based on this :)
With this in mind, maybe we shouldn't use the word 'member' in it?
Based on this what should we call it?

Spammer .. joking of course :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by domedia (Post 137130)
Also remember that this is not a help forum, this is a DW forum, so amount of help given to people asking for help has nothing to do with the membership level :)
Although it seems that almost every post here is about someone needing help with something.

True, that is why I think a rep system wouldn't be bad.

~Death Dream~

domedia 04-08-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Dream (Post 137145)
True, that is why I think a rep system wouldn't be bad.

Good idea.. what I've seen on some forums are mixed experiences.. some will spam around giving bad rep, other places it works beautifully.. another item added to our list of additions :)

Death Dream 04-09-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domedia (Post 137159)
Good idea.. what I've seen on some forums are mixed experiences.. some will spam around giving bad rep, other places it works beautifully.. another item added to our list of additions :)

Thanks, I guess if it doesn't work you can always remove it.

~Death Dream~


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 DreamweaverClub.com