PDA

View Full Version : Website within a frame

MikeC
05-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Advice please.

To keep authoring simple my museum has embedded a multi page website (made in Moonfruit for simplicity of use by volunteers) within a frame of their parent website authored in Dreamweaver.

All works well apart from the problem of seeming to have a fixed page length set in Dreamweaver which results effectively in two side by side scroll bars on the longer pages.

Is there any simple way of allowing the page length in Dreamweaver to automatically adjust to the contents of the relevant page and still allow the main page footer to sit at the bottom?

Any help would be appreciated.

edbr
05-27-2017, 12:07 AM
is that an iframe? do you have a link?

MikeC
05-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Hi,
Not sure. The parent website has been produced commercially, I work with the volunteers.
Lots of politics involved because we do it for nothing and they charge the museum a small fortune!
I taught Dreamweaver some 5 years ago but am now very rusty as I have no opportunity to practice, can't afford a copy of it at home, and I don't have access to the commercial authoring setup. I have found an avenue for carefully prompting from behind however.

Parent website is www.barrowhill.org. Our bit is under the collections tab.

edbr
05-27-2017, 10:18 AM
ok i dont have a laptop at home this weekend but ill haveva look ononday

edbr
05-29-2017, 06:53 AM
well it appears tpo be an iframe from source http://www.barrowhillcollections.com/

so if that source was modified you cold aleter the iframe size, sorry not much else to say really

MikeC
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Thank you for looking. I'll try to convince the company to research it themselves to rectify it. I have little hope as the website has not been updated for 12 days now! Oh well...