PDA

View Full Version : Is extensive internal cross linking hurting my SEO?

lougramm
10-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Is extensive internal cross linking hurting my SEO?

BWDCIndia
10-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Yes !!! instead of internal cross linking you can form silo for your website.

BPhoenixCreate
12-13-2016, 04:44 AM
Internal cross linking is not bad, if it is relevant. However, I agree that extensive cross linking is not good. Stay away from WP plugins that automatically do this (if you are using WP).

Leeann Racheal
01-10-2017, 02:14 AM
In my opinion, interlinking can't hurt your seo if you know how to do it. I guess, strategic internal linking is a powerful technique, especially for content marketing.

Bill Goldberg
01-10-2017, 08:38 AM
I also think extensive internal linking is not good for the SEO.

Leeann Racheal
01-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Internal linking per se, no. Extensive internal linking, yes, it's bad.
Here are some key points for you.

Add internal links in moderation. Every link you include in a page will receive a portion of the link authority of that page, so the more links you include, the less value each will receive.

Ensure that internal links appear to be natural, not manufactured. Links should occur as part the natural flow of an article and shouldn’t look out of place to the reader.

Bill Goldberg
01-19-2017, 07:06 AM
Internal cross linking is not at all bad but it should be logical also silo's are one of the best way to make it logical.

hoaryhaul
01-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Interlinking will not hurt your SEO if you know how to do it

Tamsin Halle
02-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Internal linking won't hurt your SEO, read this article to know more https://blog.kissmetrics.com/commandments-of-internal-linking/

Bill Goldberg
03-31-2017, 06:32 AM
I go with silo's because it will have a relevance in interlinking.

Antonio94
06-20-2017, 11:16 AM
I believe extensive internal linking can really hurt our site since there are a limitation of how many internal links we can have in one page. If I remember right it's around 20, could be less but the idea is that there is a limitation. Once we pass that limitation, the page/site can be really messed up and punished so I won't recommend doing it.
In terms of audiences, as an audience, I can also feel irritated if there are too many links in the page I'm reading. And so it's wise to plan internal links carefully and constructive.
Personally I would like to keep the total number of links on 1 page around 12 links, that should be more than enough.