PDA

View Full Version : Adding a video and placing it in on a layer?

Orjanna
08-17-2016, 02:01 PM
I am working with MX and what I want to do is first use a background image, then add video on a layer so I can place it on top of the background. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so how, or point me to the right tutorial?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edbr
08-18-2016, 01:20 AM
not sure if exactly what you mean but sounds like <video> and controls poster will do it. that will show a designated image then will play video when clicked

Orjanna
08-18-2016, 02:02 AM
not sure if exactly what you mean but sounds like <video> and controls poster will do it. that will show a designated image then will play video when clicked

No, I am not looking for an image as a button... but rather a 775X1000 dpi background I have created in PS with a border, several photos, drop shadowed artsy headers, and then layers that hold text (search engine friendly).
The upload I just threw together fast to give you an idea.
It is easier for me to create simple webpages by doing one solid graphic. I love layers because you can place the text over the image, lining it up perfect in DW. I want to do the same with a video presentation.

edbr
08-18-2016, 02:44 AM
yes i didntean the image is a button.sorry my description was misleading. I still think video and poser control will do it.http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/video/basics/ have a look at that example. the you will see you image and a play button. otherwise use a layer but that will obscure you image

Orjanna
08-18-2016, 02:25 PM
yes i didntean the image is a button.sorry my description was misleading. I still think video and poser control will do it.http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/video/basics/ have a look at that example. the you will see you image and a play button. otherwise use a layer but that will obscure you image

Thank you so much for all the effort you have put into helping me! I should have told you I am self taught and basically only understand as much as I have been forced to learn to do what I need to do. I really don't understand html very well. If you want to bail at this point I will totally understand ;)

But if you are still with me, here is the code I am working with, see how the video is in the layer. I can move it around any where I want. The image it will be layered over will be set up so it isn't covering anything, but rather blends into the background image.

</script>

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:200px; height:115px; z-index:1; left: 319px; top: 49px;">
<embed src="/support/mediaplayer.swf?file=(my video).mp4" width="325" height="230" allowfullscreen="false" /></div>

I have the video I want to show uploaded, and the htm page I created uploaded to the same place... but when I go to the address there is nothing there.
Any chance you can see what I am doing wrong?

Orjanna
08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
I read in the rules that this is going to make me look silly.. but I made progress and thought I would add it. My issue is still getting the video on to a layer. I can get it to play fine with:
<video src="My.mp4" width="320" height="240" controls></video>

but there is nothing in the "design view" to drag into the layer box. I looked at the last link you sent but didn't see anything about placing a video on a layer.

EDIT: Needed to do it in the code, not the design view!!!! thank you so much, hope you are not pulling your hair out.

edbr
08-18-2016, 10:37 PM
no prob. glad you got it sorted.
just for the halbut, hers a snippet to add video re html5

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
<source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

Orjanna
08-19-2016, 06:42 PM
cool, thanks again :)

Ricky55
08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm a bit late to the party on this one.

Full post on HTML5 video.

http://www.qwerty-design.co.uk/2013/01/jay-be-website-html5-video/#more-125

Shows you how to create fall backs for all browsers.

Orjanna
08-29-2016, 11:35 AM
I got it all figured out, but thank you for answering :)