PDA

View Full Version : Content Management

adamburner
08-10-2016, 03:37 PM
What can I provide to a customer that they can use to edit the website I created in Dreamweaver without them knowing html, having Dreamweaver or messing up the design? Is there something out there that is idiot proof? :confused:

edbr
08-11-2016, 01:11 AM
well wordpress is the skynet of cms but have a look at modx. not used in a while but good fpr using your own design modx.com

adamburner
08-15-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm looking for one that I can keep the customers out of the html code and just do simple edits without messing up the design aspect of the website. Am I looking in the right place?

edbr
08-16-2016, 06:05 AM
try it. pages are based on your template which is your page design divided into chuncks. content is then added as per page. thats the basis of cms. modx is or was an easy way of adding your own page design

adamburner
08-16-2016, 04:07 PM
I ended up finding the Advanced html editor 3 and online editor. http://www.dmxzone.com/go/18529/online-page-editor-add-on

I haven't tried it yet but we are considering it. It seems to do everything that is wanted, it creates a portal for the clients to be able to edit their website, it expands on the editable regions that Dreamweaver offers. The description, says with these 2 programs and the editable regions it helps keep clients out of the coding, but still has the ability to add your text, images and anything else.

Has anyone heard anything about these 2 programs or used them? I'd like to know a little more about the programs before purchasing.