PDA

View Full Version : Images not rendering in Internet Explorer

DJS
05-08-2016, 09:27 PM
I am a novice when it comes to website design, so I would greatly appreciate your help please. I have created a web page at www.relaxationinspired.com (http://www.relaxationinspired.com/) which
seems to work OK on most browsers. However, when I test it at netrenderer.com the header images do not appear on any of the earlier versions of Internet Explorer.
[I have also found this to happen when using some other validation programmes.] Could someone please explain why this happens and how I can correct it. Thank
you.

edbr
05-09-2016, 07:06 AM
you are using min-device pixel which is not standard and causes an issue with earliet IE versions

DJS
05-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Brilliant! Thank you so much. I assume you mean the 2dppx in the media query expression. I have now done some research and someone in a thread on Github.com suggested using;-

@media (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2),
(min-resolution: 192dpi),
(min-resolution: 2dppx) {
Do you think this would solve the problem?

edbr
05-18-2016, 06:13 AM
im not sure to be frank. i would look at using an if ie expression ( before the relevant ie version) and use px.
sorry for delay but your post got trapped by the auto spam filter on this forum although i have no idea why. i just missed it until now