PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help.... BADLY!!!

Chris<---beginner
02-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Howdy Chaps,
First off, thanks for adding me to the club :razz: I am a young aspiring entrepreneur interested in web development and graphic design but dreamweaver is looking more like a nightmare to me (pun intended). I've got a few questions about developing my site.
Can I do the snazzy stuff in muse and import it into dreamweaver to add the fancy stuff?
I have a long list of requirements for the site which I'd like to develop;
user accounts
forum (users can post to sight)
most popular posts on front page
sticky navigation bar (sticks to top of page)
modern appearance
search engine viability
users can advertise posts
Are these all possible with dreamweaver? Am I setting my sights too high? If Who does this as a hobby is willing to show me the ropes that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advanced,
Chris

Chris<---beginner
02-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Forgot to mention id like a search bar in there too :)

edbr
02-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Hi. The answer of can you use dw is yes. It is a tool. The learning curve in doing what you want is big though.if you are willing to spend s few months learning php and msybe java script as well as learning abpit security from miss users.
You might want to look at ready made solutions such as wordpress and maling your owm theme.
As for the gorum there are a few options free for use. Agin you culd utilise dw to personalise the design

Chris<---beginner
02-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Hello Edbr,
Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it! Do you know of any tutorials on the web which teach you how to make user accounts and a forum?
Thanks again,
Chris

edbr
02-07-2016, 06:05 AM
The forum software sires should have their own documentation
.have a look at http://www.simplemachines.org