PDA

View Full Version : Change text colour in just one line.

K.Simmonds
10-15-2015, 05:04 PM
I've just started using Dreamweaver CC and I can't figure out how to change the clour of just one line of text. When I change it in page properties for example, it changes the whole paragraph, not just the hi-lited line I want to change. Any ideas?

d a v e
10-15-2015, 05:52 PM
are you selecting a line? are you selecting the first line or part of a paragraph? just wrap it in a span and apply a class to the span

... some text <span class="highlighted"> this is the bit you want a different colour </span> and the text goes back to the original colour from here

then in your css write something like
.highlighted {
color:#ff0000;
}

K.Simmonds
10-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks for replying. This is the code for the paragraph I'm talking about. It is the line that starts with "Special offer" and ends with "booking system" that I want to make a different colour from the first part (ie: you can check availability).

<p><font size="+2"><B>You can check availability (including any special offers) and book directly,<br>
by using the search box below. <em> We are NOT on any comparison sites !</em></B></font><em><br>
<br>
</em>Special offer: From 16th November right through to 23rd December. Stay 2 nights and receive a &pound;10 per night reduction. Stay 3 or more nights and receive a &pound;20 per night reduction. The reductions are automatic if you use our online booking system (below).<br>

Tiger
10-16-2015, 07:08 PM
<a href="sitemap.php" style="color:#070707">Booking System<

Works for me :)

d a v e
10-16-2015, 07:49 PM
tiger, that turns it into a link.
K.simmonds - put <span>s around the part and make a class like i said in the previous post - are you familiar with using basic css?
i'm a bit troubled with your "<font size="+2">" :)