PDA

View Full Version : Internal Dreamweaver file Search doesn't search right! grr!

deafboyzaudio
09-17-2015, 05:41 AM
Hello,

I am using cs4. I know its a dinosaur now a days but she's a classic :p

This has been goin on for years and im finally sick of it.

When i go to serach a file within dreamweaver, it leaves out certain document types like .module or .inc files.

This is obv frustrating bc i cant find the document to edit that has the text i want to change.

now if i switch over to grep i find it no problem.

I have the options set as unrestrictive as possible... search source code, or text even wont work. ignore whitespace etc etc.

CONCLUSION: for some reason DW internal search functionality leaves certain document types out of a entire site search even though they are clearly within my site.

How do i fix this?? cant find options anywhere and these documents open fine in DW manually.

thanks

deafboyzaudio
10-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Still experiencing this issue, fresh install on W10. but happens in 8 and 7, vista... Contacted adobe. or tried to... I can view forums but as soon as i login i get redirect error... can view non forum pages logged in fine. multiple browsers, OS's, IP's... cleared cookies, history etc, same issue.

contacted adobe chat support about this issue and they tried to brush me off on the forums... not wanting to acknowledge or solve the issue. Obv a programming error. been going on for weeks. They messed with my id and ever since then i cant login to forums.

"you can post without being logged in" oh really? how do i do that??? "thanks for contacting adobe, have a great day"

bastards... I will be contacting management in the morning. Then hopefully i can get some progress or input on this issue. will update later