PDA

View Full Version : DW CS3 code for mobile

kad
08-25-2015, 02:36 PM
I am an amateur on Dreamweaver CS3 and have designed a website which is working well. However, I need to insert a code so that my website can be shown on mobile devices. On my mobile Galaxy S6, I can see my website (without pictures), but it is obviously too small. On a friends Apple, there is nothing, so I am assuming that I need to cover all mobile options.
I have looked through several pages today of 'how to do it' but my head is hurting with all the conflictions.
Could somebody please tell me if this is an easy bit of code to enter or do I have to re-do my website for mobile access.
Many thanks

edbr
08-26-2015, 12:48 AM
if it cant be seen with apple its not working well . how have you made it? can we see a URL then perhaps we can make some suggestions for you

kad
08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Thank you Edbr for coming back to me. My URL is: www.theweddingdaycompany.co.uk.
Thanks for any suggestions.

edbr
08-28-2015, 03:52 AM
well i see an issue in the css sheet. <style type="text/css">
.centeredImage
{
text-align:justified;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
padding:0px;
}
</style>
remove the style tags . should just be

.centeredImage
{
text-align:justified;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
padding:0px;
}

that might be the issue in some browsers

edbr
08-28-2015, 03:59 AM
you shpould look at media queries now.
you do not have many layout elements so it won't be a huge task to add a media query for mobile and tablets
pretty much make your divs including the side bar as 100% so they line up horizontally, i would also change the side bar to float left in the mobile version

kad
08-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Thank you. Not at home today but will try it tomorrow. Thanks.

d a v e
08-28-2015, 01:02 PM
you might also find it easier to use css for the dropshadows rather than background images ;) clean things up a bit before doing the mobile thing

kad
08-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Right, have done the first bit (style, etc deleted) and the image is now bigger on my Galaxy S6, but saying java plug ins not supported, so no photos. It may be just my Galaxy, so need to test it with daughter's iphone tomorrow.

Not too sure what media queries are (sorry self-taught, so not too clear on 'jargon'). Also what is a media query for layout elements? If you could help me with the whereabouts in the code, that would be helpful. I just want to be sure that I don't alter the wrong thing. Thanks :shock: