PDA

View Full Version : This June...

Tamsin Halle
05-20-2015, 08:59 AM
I head one of our department's teams. This coming June we are going to have a team building in some posh resort. Three days and three nights. All expenses paid by our company, of course. I've been given free hand to do whatever I think is best for my team. I've been planning our schedule, trying to come up with good games and activities, etc.

Any recommendations, tips and advice on how I can give my team the best stress-free, fun and memorable team building of their lives? I'm also open to all suggestions when it comes to the games and activities? What do you think are good prizes and giveaways?

wellmaderibs
05-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I have attended a team building activity twice with my current company and I must say I enjoyed it both. We have a very creative and happy facilitator and they made sure that we all have fun. Based from my experience you need to put in mind the goals of your team building activity, what do you want to achieve and develop among your co-workers. When coming up with an activity be sure to relate it with the struggles your employees are experiencing in their daily routines and make sure that the exercises are not too physically demanding. Ensure that everyone can participate, learn and have fun.

Tamsin Halle
05-26-2015, 01:04 AM
I asked my team what they wanted to do and all they said was that as long as there's great food, they're happy.

I'm thinking about buying one of the sets HRDQ (http://www.hrdqstore.com/communication-style.html) here and having it as one of our games. Maybe we can work out everyone's strengths and weakness so we are more productive. What do you think? Do you think it's tacky?

What about us cooking our own food? At least for one meal. I can ask the resort ahead of time what ingredients they should buy.

wellmaderibs
05-29-2015, 04:04 AM
Oh well. I guess they would not be that hard to please after all.

By the way, there are a lot of materials that can be found online you can use. I guess you just need to modify it. No need to bother purchasing. Just my thought though.

Tamsin Halle
05-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Oh well. I guess they would not be that hard to please after all.

By the way, there are a lot of materials that can be found online you can use. I guess you just need to modify it. No need to bother purchasing. Just my thought though.

Hi, wellmaderibs! Sorry I just saw your reply. I know it is kinda too late. But thank you sharing your thoughts. We purchased it and it is really useful. Thanks once again.