PDA

View Full Version : So many questions for something seemingly simple

hopingtodream
03-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Okay, so hopefully I have finally found somewhere to get help. I've been looking all over the web to find a tool that will help me make a simple point and click-world. I pulled off all my hair trying to make it work in Flash before I finally gave up, then I stumbled across Dreamweaver. It seems like a good application, but I'm not sure it has what is needed.

All I want to do is to insert a lot of still pictures with clickable objects in them. When the object is clicked a new picture comes up. I also want to make it possible to insert animations. What I really want to do is to make a very simple point and click game in the style of Backpacker, with just still pictures, the ability to click around, and perform a few simple commands, like simple dialogue and stuff.

Is this possible to do in dreamweaver?
Can anyone please guide me to the tutorials I need?
I would be offer to pay for Skype-sessions where I get the help I need.

edbr
03-27-2015, 01:07 AM
do you plan to make a website or portab;le app?
dreamweaver is just an advanced code editor with visual wizrds to help at base for creating web sites.
i dont know the backpacker you mention but all this is possible with dreamweaver for web site but i dont think this is the answer, you will still need to have knowledge of the basics at the very least.
have a look at Lynda.com for tutorials and perhaps you can progress from there.
if it is for web design there are legions of guides ,again lynda.com but maybe tizag.com will give you a start

Ricky55
03-27-2015, 01:34 AM
Like Ed says it really depends on where you want to use this. Will it be a web app / website?

If so then you could use Dreamweaver.

If its more of a game though then Dreamweaver may not be the best choice. We'd really need to know more.