PDA

View Full Version : Resizing a Fluid Grid Layout

Tomcat104
03-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Help Guys,

I am designing a website in FGL and just now the client notified me to make the "live area" some 20% smaller.

I've not gone far enough that I can't redesign it but I'm afraid after I do it he want me to make it 5% smaller or 5% smaller. So I'm asking you can I just adjust the size from within DW6 at the CSS level?

I don't have it on a server yet so I'm attaching a picture or 2 that might help.

Thanks in advance.

edbr
03-19-2015, 05:52 AM
hard to get from just a drawing but yes yu can modify from css, thats whet its for

Tomcat104
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
That seems to have worked just fine.

I was just afraid to mess with the sizing since FGL is so new to me.

Now the client can change his mind as many times as his wallet will allow him!

edbr
03-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Well if ever you are in doubt, make a copy for safety before changing. Then you can always recover if you naff up.

Ricky55
03-19-2015, 06:21 PM
At some point though you'll need to use Media Queries to alter the layout as you have less space to work with so just be mindful of this.

Generally you'd want the container to take around 96% of the available width and then set a max-width so the site doesn't become too big on larger screens.

Post back if you need any more help.

You seem to be using a lot of images in your design. Try to use CSS where ever you can. Looks better, easy to maintain and no http requests.