PDA

View Full Version : Who uses dream weaver

WILD_USER
02-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Ok, stupid question to ask a forum on Dream Weaver I know.

But I've been using DW for almost 10 years now and I love it... even if its just to edit my code...

I ask because I keep getting told nobody uses dream weaver any more, its old technology and I'm old hat... but d@m it, it works, and if you are creative enough you can do ANYTHING...

I keep getting told everybody uses Word Press... but come on... its meant for blogging... you can really create content rich pages with that thing... Can you?

I've actually come up with some stats, and I've found that Word Press content for the web is less than .5 percent (that was a low as the stats went)... so does it really stand up...

My 2 Cent's and a Fan of DW

Wild User

edbr
02-25-2015, 04:00 AM
its a personal preference i would say.
i still use my ol version of dreamwever for general html , especially if i use tables for emails.
for php ,javascript use netbeans, having just given up on codelobster.
for editing notepad++ . its all mostly out of habit and familiarity

Ricky55
03-14-2015, 08:07 PM
No that's bollocks. Wordpress currently powers about a quarter of the worlds websites it's massively popular. Wordpress is a cms not just a blogging platform. If you know how to build your own themes for wordpress then you can use it to create almost any site.

Dreamweaver can still be used to create modern sites, you can even use it to work with wordpress as it's essentially a code editor with some GUI tools.

I think the people who you've been listening to don't know much. All these things are tools and it just depends on what you want from your website. If you only have five pages that never change then using a cms is utterly pointless. If on the other hand you have a site with a lot of content that changes on a regular basis then you should be using a cms to power it. You're getting your technologies a little mixed up.

HTH

Ricky

Tomcat104
03-27-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm am getting the same advice from friends. I have used Dreamweaver for many, many years and still haven't come close to "mastering" it.

Lately I've started to try and learn FGL layouts. Several of my close friends have abandoned DW in favor of Wordpress saying it's ability to handle Responsive Design is faster and superior to that of DW.

I have refused to try WP (mostly because of my disability issues) but want to ask for some of you guys input & opinions. This is especially true of edbr & Ricky55; you have both helped me and earned my utmost respect.