PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Grid Layout Problem - phone only

Tomcat104
02-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Help guys!

I'm working on a new layout for my wife's website. All looks pretty good (IMHO) EXCEPT the border on the iPhone. The border covers the entire page not just the "right_content" DIV like it's supposed to.

I've tried for several days to figure it out and I can't figure it out, I need help. I even tried throwing things way and starting over, so I'm probably making the same mistake over & over.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
David

www.wolf359.biz (http://www.wolf359.biz)

d a v e
02-14-2015, 08:35 PM
403 forbidden ;)

Tomcat104
02-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Don't understand.

Did I do something wrong? (other than use an iPhone6 to see my results)

d a v e
02-15-2015, 07:23 AM
if i use firefox in windows 7 this is the message i get in my browser:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.wolf359.biz Port 80

Tomcat104
02-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Now I understand your message a little better though I do not understand why you are getting it.

I had 3 friends open it with no trouble and all are using Firefox on a Windows 7 machine. One also used his smartphone and told me of several "errors" in my design that he saw.

As soon as I address those (probably Monday) I will re-upload everything and ask you if you still get the error. Maybe by then I'll find my original problam.

Thanks!

edbr
02-16-2015, 01:16 AM
yes can see on windows firefox ok if you want to check iPhone view this might help http://www.responsimulator.com/?url=www.wolf359.biz

Tomcat104
02-16-2015, 02:28 AM
yes can see on windows firefox ok if you want to check iPhone view this might help http://www.responsimulator.com/?url=www.wolf359.biz

That my friend is one cool tool!

That is not exactly what I see on screen but WOW is it helpful. Talking with a friend who's a thousand miles away, that's what he sees on his Samsung Galaxy.

I had a mistake on the form border that caused it to extend vertically around all the text but I found (and fixed) that error. Now this too has show me more errors....thanks......I think?

I'll leave it open and hope I remember what it's for tomorrow.

David

d a v e
02-16-2015, 05:17 AM
lol i'm sill blocked :( wonder if it's because i'm in finland?!

edbr
02-16-2015, 05:26 AM
@dave something odd, after reading your post i looked on a proxy siteand its blocked there also

Tomcat104
02-16-2015, 03:41 PM
I really appreciate this link, it has help me a lot.

Though I'm not finished with the "phone" design yet, it looks like my DW screen and like my friends Galaxy S5.

I have two problems that I still don't understand and could use some help on.

The iPad on there looks only remotely like my DW. The 2 "boxes" near the bottom are sized to 100% of the width with no flat. When I use this iPad viewer it looks like both boxes are less than 50% with a left float.
Can I make a Div (the slideshow) invisible (the "phone" view)?

Tomcat104
02-16-2015, 04:36 PM
I solved that problem thanks to a DW Tutorial on this site...THANKS!!!

I went to BLOCK and set DISPLAY to NONE and that works for me.

edbr
02-17-2015, 01:03 AM
good that should have been in a css reset. always good to use