PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Help?

Trisha
01-28-2015, 05:49 AM
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here and just joined. I guess really this ought to go in the jobs section, but since it doesn't look as though many go in there I am posting here.

I have an old template that I've been using for many years and which over the years has been chopped and changed around quite a bit.

I'm really looking for someone that could re-do it for me, as it's really not looking that great any more.

Here is my website:

www.krcookshop.com (http://www.krcookshop.com)

I just really need a bit of a make-over for now (I can add pages, no problem) - it's really the menus to the right and left that I'm having problems with - I could do with some buttons - maybe rollovers to look nice. The whole thing doesn't seem to shrink down as it should either any more - it's just been messed around with too much.

Ultimately, I want to get a new, more up-to-date website, but for now, I just need this one working better!

Drop me an email at trisha@krbearsanddolls.com if you can help.

I've been using Dreamweaver MX for many years now, but only with templates and never really got into the difficult stuff!

Trisha ;-)

edbr
01-28-2015, 07:12 AM
yes its time i would say. you are really running a risk with that credit card form

Trisha
01-28-2015, 07:15 AM
yes its time i would say. you are really running a risk with that credit card form

The form itself is on mals-e.com secure server and I am PCI compliant.

Can you help with my work?

Best wishes,

Trisha

edbr
01-28-2015, 07:56 AM
no i cant , i really dont have any time. i would suggest dave or ricky they might be able to take some work on

Trisha
01-28-2015, 08:27 AM
no i cant , i really dont have any time. i would suggest dave or ricky they might be able to take some work on

Thank you - hopefully they will see this thread :lol:

Best wishes,

Trisha

d a v e
01-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Hi Trisha - can I just ask who did your sister site - KR bears and dolls? Are they not available to work with you on redoing your kitchen site? Although KR bears and dolls isn't responsive it is at least generally better coded and looks a lot fresher and contemporary :)

If you would like to get in touch with either me (or Ricky) then you're most welcome - either through the forum or vai email (mine is gekkoweb@gmail.com )

Trisha
01-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi Trisha - can I just ask who did your sister site - KR bears and dolls? Are they not available to work with you on redoing your kitchen site? Although KR bears and dolls isn't responsive it is at least generally better coded and looks a lot fresher and contemporary :)

If you would like to get in touch with either me (or Ricky) then you're most welcome - either through the forum or vai email (mine is gekkoweb@gmail.com )

Hi Dave, thank you for your message. Yes, I will have the same guys re-do the KR Cookshop site as soon as I can afford to. But it just seems a shame to take it down until I am in that position. I guess I'll just leave it and go ahead and add a couple of pages - I wanted to put some Rayburn and Esse cookers on there myself.

I am interested in your comment above:
'Although KR bears and dolls isn't responsive...'
What do you mean by that?

d a v e
01-28-2015, 01:16 PM
I mean that it doesn't resize according to screens size - so on a mobile most of the text is unreadable ;)

i'll have a look at the button idea for the cookery site tomorrow for you

Trisha
01-28-2015, 01:22 PM
I mean that it doesn't resize according to screens size - so on a mobile most of the text is unreadable ;)

i'll have a look at the button idea for the cookery site tomorrow for you
Thank you Dave, I had in the meantime Googled 'responsive' in that context and realised what you had meant. It's not a term I had come across before. I guess I can get that sorted as the next stage to my website.

I would be really grateful for your help in just sorting this old template out - just as a stop-gap for now until I get a shiny new site.

Best wishes,

Trisha :lol:

Ricky55
01-31-2015, 12:40 AM
Have you got this Dave?

d a v e
01-31-2015, 06:14 AM
yes, thanks Ricky ;)

Ricky55
01-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Trish if you still need a hand with this and Dave isn't doing it email me via my website.

Please don't judge my work from my site as I'm just about to replace it. I have loads of examples I can show you. I freelance full time and have done since 2008. I have worked on the web since 2005 as you can see from my profile.

Ricky55
01-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Sorry Dave I posted that before seeing your last post. No worries mate.

d a v e
01-31-2015, 08:58 AM
np ricky - my bad i should have said on the forum that i was doing it via email :)