PDA

View Full Version : "Couldn't commit the changes made in live view" Error message

chloe
12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to dreamweaver and trying to follow a tutorial. I have been editing in live view but about an hour ago whenever I try to do anything in live view (eg make text bold or link) it gives me the error message:

"Couldn't commit the changes made in live view, refresh the live view and try editing again"

I can't seem to refresh the live view because it's greyed out, I've tried restarting everything and no luck, I've also tried it on a new html page and it still happens there. I've no idea what it's doing and am at a complete loss and google hasn't returned any results at all, please help!

Ricky55
12-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Sounds strange. What happens when you click to enter code view and then back to live view? Can you go between code view and design view?

If all else fails you can try trashing the preferences forcing Dreamweaver to create new preference files.

I've never had to do this though.

PrincessBubblegum
03-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Hi I am new to Dreamweaver also and having the same issues. I have been googling too and can't find any answers. It is super frustrating!