PDA

View Full Version : Auto Update

Anhba
11-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi there folks
I am new to this forum and hoping I can get some help. I am creating a website that will future pictures. The photos will be organized under different catagories ranging from A to Z. The site will be set up with "Tabs". One tab for each letter in the alphabet. Each tap page will have a list of all the catagories for that letter. So lets say you are looking for pictures of a gorilla. You would click on the "G" tab, scroll down to the word Gorilla, click on it and then there would be pictures of gorillas. Currently I have about 10,000 catagories and about 250,000 pictures. Updates are done on a daily basis and can range from about 10 to over 100 pictures per catagory. How can I put automatic links onto my homepage that will show all the daily updates. I dont want to show updates for the pictures posted, just updates for the individual catagories that have been updated. So if I updated and added more picture to the Gorilla catagory, the hompage would have link on it that would say Gorilla. I hope this all makes sence and that someone can help me out with this. Thanks, Anhba

Ricky55
11-30-2014, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't try and do this yourself, well with respect if your asking how to do it you wouldn't be able to do it without a lot of learning.

Personally I'd use a CMS like wordpress to achieve the whole thing. It would make doing this fairly straight forward.