PDA

View Full Version : Updating marquee scroller remotely

Razpewton
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
If this has been adressed previously, I appologize. I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm the creator and webmaster for northfloridaspeedway.com. We have a marque scroller to provide updates and current information. There are times when the track owner needs to update the scroller when I am unavailable. Can someone help me with a code where they can update just the text, remotely on a separate, password-protected page?

For example if the races are rained out, they could go to a separate page, enter "races have been cancelled due to rain" in a field, and have that replace the text already showing on the scroller?

Thanks for any help.

edbr
04-05-2014, 03:00 PM
You could use include if its php or include as an object if not. As for changing the text a form sending the text to a file that echo's the post value from the form. This would be the included file. That should work but you should password protect the form page

edbr
04-06-2014, 02:24 AM
heres a form that will write to a file text.txt which you must add and make writable

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<body>
<form action="" method="post">
<input name="text" type="text">
<input name="write" type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
<?php
if( $_POST['write']){
$fp = fopen('text.txt', 'w');
fwrite($fp, $_POST['text']);

fclose($fp);
//echo $_POST['text'];
}?>
<p>reading text with php</p>

<?php include('text.txt'); ?>
<p>reading text with pobject</p>
<object name="foo" type="text/html" data="text.txt"/>
</</body>
</html>

d a v e
04-06-2014, 11:18 AM
incidentally the marqee is a little hard to read when moving against that backgound - you could use a coloured background on the div for example, and ALL CAPS ARE HARDER TO READ THAN NORMAL sentence case ;) (sorry - wasn't shouting )