PDA

View Full Version : invalid markup

GodsOrifice
02-08-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm getting an invalid markup error saying there is a duplicate attribute. But for the life of me i cant see where the problem is. Its the meta tags that are being flagged. I know that there is already a thread relating to this but it isnt the same code so im hoping you guys can help me out here and shed some light on what up.....

So here it is then:

<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Foot Health Practitioner</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="feet, chiropodist, toe, nail, cutting, trowbridge, wiltshire />
<meta name="Description" content="A website to help people that require foot care services provided by Somebody in the wiltshire area. />
<meta name="Publisher" content="Somebody Foot Health Practitioner." />
<meta name="Copyright" content="Copyright 2014, Somebody FHP. All rights reserved." />
<meta name="Author" content="somebody" />
<meta name="Robots" content="All" />

Thanks for any help you can offer.

edbr
02-09-2014, 05:15 AM
You have two charsets

GodsOrifice
02-09-2014, 10:36 PM
You have two charsets

Well can you tell me which one i should use, and what do they represent.
Many thanks for the advice.

GodsOrifice
02-09-2014, 10:48 PM
You have two charsets

I have changed the charset and its still not fixed the issue so i have made the bad code bold for you so you can see where the problem lies....

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Somebody Foot Health Practitioner</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="feet, chiropodist, toe, nail, cutting, trowbridge, wiltshire />
<meta name="Description" content="A website to help people that require foot care services provided by Somebody in the wiltshire area. />
<meta name="Publisher" content="Somebody Foot Health Practitioner" />
<meta name="Copyright" content="Copyright 2014, Somebody FHP. All rights reserved." />
<meta name="Author" content="Matt" />
<meta name="Robots" content="All" />

:roll:

edbr
02-10-2014, 01:08 AM
<meta name="Keywords" content="feet, chiropodist, toe, nail, cutting, trowbridge, wiltshire " />
<meta name="Description" content="A website to help people that require foot care services provided by Somebody in the wiltshire area. " />

GodsOrifice
02-10-2014, 12:11 PM
<meta name="Keywords" content="feet, chiropodist, toe, nail, cutting, trowbridge, wiltshire " />
<meta name="Description" content="A website to help people that require foot care services provided by Somebody in the wiltshire area. " />

Thanks very much for your help, and thats the difference between somebody with experience and somebody with none. So thanks again for your help - really appreciated. 8)

edbr
02-11-2014, 01:11 AM
no problem im always mising the small stuff too , you just get used to looking for it