PDA

View Full Version : mariadb

edbr
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Ha s any one had any experience using Mariadb yet? and if so any comments? ive just downloaded a new wamp server that has it but have not attempted to try it yet. I was wondering if it is worth the effort

domedia
09-17-2013, 09:45 PM
I never heard about til now.

Did WAMP switch to use it?

edbr
09-18-2013, 01:48 AM
mo at least not yet. i actually meant a wamp rather than the WAMP.
i found one called open-server that includes it but as anything that reminds me of sweet and sour, rhogan gost or borsht makes me cautious when it comes to software i havent tried it yet. i will set it up on a spare and see
thee seems to be a definite move away from mysql going on. and i was just curious. claims are it is a bionic mysql, faster stronger etc while compatible but is a "drop in replacement"
it is under active development and seems to be gaining some ground. as of yet PDO does not have a driver but it is ok using mysql as its database type.

edbr
09-18-2013, 02:30 AM
just been looking further into this and I might try a replacement on WAMP on my laptop will let you know later. seems a way id to unzip into a folder in mysql, name it some thing like this, its a google translation re WAMP and was originally in french

On your hard disk, in which case WampServer is installed,
So you should have a folder \ wamp \ bin \ mysql \ mysql5.5.24

- Create a new folder wamp \ bin \ mysql \ mysql5.3.12
- Unzip the zip archive mariadb-5.3.12-win32.zip in this folder
Then
Since \ mysql5.5.24 folder wamp \ bin \ mysql \
- Copy Files: wampserver.conf and my.ini to paste in the \ file mysql5.3.12 wamp \ bin \ mysql \

- Edit the basedir and datadir lines in my.ini file

basedir = ..../wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.24 in .... / wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.3.12
datadir = ...../wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.24/data in .... / wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.3.12/data

edbr
09-18-2013, 01:06 PM
I installed open-server which looks interesting comes with a lot of options

edbr
09-19-2013, 02:29 AM
draw back is forum support is in russian, but has english menu choice.
has fake mail that on sending mail just creaes a file.
I t looks as if it is a portable app so it can be set up on a flash drive, might have a play with that

krzy
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
it's all new for me too

edbr
10-28-2013, 02:32 AM
it is very much under development, basically a fork of mysql by one of the founders of the original. it is said to be promising. the only waml i found to include it came from a russian source, it6 is not at present noticably different