PDA

View Full Version : DREAMWEAVER page

mrdjan
07-10-2013, 01:49 PM
hello guys

i have one question so please HELP because i do not know what to do :(

i created my web page in dreamweaver when i look at it in "preview in browser" it looks GREAT but when i upload it on REMOTE SERVER my page looks totally different i lose my columns and pictures and everything looks so shity (sorry for expression) i does not look anything like in dreamweaver

and i do not know what to do ??

thx for answering me

regards from croatia :)

gentleone
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
It could be anything. Do you have a link for us?

mrdjan
07-10-2013, 03:24 PM
it could be anything. Do you have a link for us?

i will postit tomorrow when i get to work

mrdjan
07-11-2013, 05:03 PM
i fixed the problem it was something about APSOLUTE and RELATIVE link ....
but now i have a nother problem (lucky me)
my page looks great on IE, GOOGLE CROME but on FIREFOX it look nothing like i wanted to be
i read that it is something about the CODE of my page that FIREFOX can read so i am wondering what to look for ??
any ideas ??

thx

domedia
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
i fixed the problem it was something about APSOLUTE and RELATIVE link ....
You have to know the difference to make web pages. Google it :)

my page looks great on IE, GOOGLE CROME but on FIREFOX it look nothing like i wanted to be
i read that it is something about the CODE of my page that FIREFOX can read so i am wondering what to look for ??
any ideas ??
There's something wrong with your code. Share the URL for more info :)

mrdjan
07-11-2013, 07:26 PM
here is URL

http://simpleweb.ciki.me/index.html

this is my first WEB PAGE so please be gentle :oops: , i know that my CODE is probably a mess

thx for the help guys your are great :razz:

gentleone
07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
If you start to develop a website in DW, you will need to define your site first. The path to your stylesheet is pointing to your hard drive
file:///D|/Dizajniranje/templates/waterdrop/waterdrop/default.css

mrdjan
07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
If you start to develop a website in DW, you will need to define your site first. The path to your stylesheet is pointing to your hard drive
file:///D|/Dizajniranje/templates/waterdrop/waterdrop/default.css

yes it shows like that i FIREFOX but in IE. or CROME it shows different path

so how do i change it in firefox ??

gentleone
07-11-2013, 09:00 PM
It's not a browser issue. I use Chrome too. Just change the link so that it's relative to the root directory of your site directory.

mrdjan
07-12-2013, 12:26 AM
It's not a browser issue. I use Chrome too. Just change the link so that it's relative to the root directory of your site directory.
ok i fix the problem, now when i upload my web site to the server it comes like this ??
http://simpleweb.ciki.me/

INDEX ??

gentleone
07-12-2013, 12:37 AM
I see... I guess you want what's in 'waterdrops' directory. So take everything from the 'waterdrops' directory and place that into the root directory of your web server. The root directory is the directory where you waterdrops, pictures and flowerclusters directories are in. htdocs or public_html... depends on what your web hosting company has named it.

If you moved the assets out of waterdrops, you might need to change some paths again... mainly the path to the 'pictures' directory.

mrdjan
07-12-2013, 09:22 AM
yup finally did it , it was a tough one to combine everything :)
now it works jeeeeeee

http://simpleweb.site40.net/index.html

i really need to pick up the paste and study a little bit more about the CODE and everything
i downloaded few lesions (on you tube) if anyone else knows any good free on line course or lesions please advise :)

gentleone
07-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Good stuff! ;-)

Usually YouTube is not the right place to learn things. There are probably good instructors on YT, but it's hard to find them and for you to know if he's really teaching you good practices or not.

If I were you I would follow this free 30 days HTML & CSS course form NetTuts. It's free and he teaches you the way how you should code websites.

http://learncss.tutsplus.com/