PDA

View Full Version : html5

edbr
06-26-2013, 06:06 AM
thought id put this on, i was doodling around waiting for clients and a post about html5 got me thinking this page might be of use as a ref or something.
Basically it add some of the nicer form elements, although not all browsers are supporting yet , in particular the date time pick, but i suspect just a matter of time.
for the form css i added a background colour but did an override on required fields using !important.
I added a class to <br> to determine and control a margin between them. (yes i was bored)
I also added some includes in way of adding an object, of course it would need to have a real file or path to work.
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style>input[required] { background-color: #E5F5EF !important;}
input { background-color: #CF9; }
textarea{ width:100px; height:80px; background-color: #CF9;}
label {
color: #B4886B;
font-weight: bold;
display: block;
width: 250px;
float: left; text-align:right;
}
.clear{margin-bottom:5px;}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<!--Include a file-->
<object name="foo" type="text/html" data="incl/header.inc"/>

<form> <label> Email </label>
<input type="email" title="Please, provide an e-mail" x-moz-errormessage="This is not a valid e-mail" required placeholder="enter a valid email address" >

<br class="clear">

<label>Name a presidents , this is a list: </label>
<input type="text" name="favCharacter" list="characters" maxlength="50" autofocus placeholder="name a president" ><br class="clear">

<datalist id="characters">
<option value="George Washington">
<option value="Bill Clinton">
<option value="George Bush">
<option value="J.F. Kennedy">
<option value="Fred Flinstone">
</datalist>
<label>Website:</label> <input type="url" name="website" id="website" placeholder="What is your website"><br class="clear">
<label> Enter comments </label>
<textarea name="comments" id="comments" maxlength="5
" placeholder="maximum 5 characters"></textarea><br class="clear">
<label> Pick a date </label>
<input type="date" name="date" id="date" min="2011-01-01" max="2015-12-31" step="10" placeholder="yy-mm-dd"><br class="clear">

<label> check and send: </label>
<input name="s" type="submit" value="Submit" >
</form>
<!--Include a file-->
<object name="foo" type="text/html" data="incl/footer.inc"/>
</body>
</html>

jmichae3
07-04-2013, 04:19 AM
if you wanted to make it into a dreamweaver template (dwt) you could put a / in front of incl and insert the required template tags, and make some of the content editable.

then no matter what directory you were in, you could use this as a template for your site and just stamp out a page when you needed it. looks like a template to me :-)

templates go in the Templates\ directory of your web site for anyone who does not know yet. when you want to make a new page, File, New, from template, then pick your template by site. I tend to make one for index pages and one for content pages (but that's me, I usually have too much stuff to deal with).

d a v e
01-08-2015, 11:58 AM
There are good html coding using with stylesheet.

priceless.
as in not worth anything :)

edbr
01-09-2015, 02:33 AM
i must have deleted and banned 100 posts about that bloody indian picnic, food had better be good

salauddin502
03-14-2015, 03:37 PM
You can find many idea about HTML5 language in W3school.

Support IT
05-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Is code academy a good place to start learning HTML?

mynamebilalzahid
03-08-2016, 05:36 AM
Hi Guys!

I find it easy to use dreamweaver instead of other coding software!
dreamweaver is easy to use and easy to write HTML / CSS / PHP / & others.