PDA

View Full Version : responsive

Runnzz
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to make a basic responsive practice website. I used the system they provide but I can't seem to get a simple header above, two side by side divs below and a footer at the bottom. When I insert the right div it ends up with a space above it in the design view (mobile) and in the full screen view just shows them stacked up. I use the arrow icon on the right div which is supposed to take it up to the same line as the left div. I've made them narrow enough to fit side by side. Why is this so hard? It isn't WYSIWYG.

edbr
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
is this about dreamweaver templates?

Runnzz
06-15-2013, 05:15 AM
No this is not using the templates. Rather it is using the Fluid Grid Layout and Fluid Div Layout Divs to build a site from scratch. I can do this using straight CSS/HTML but I want to try using Dreamweaver's tools. My description outlines the results for me so far.

edbr
06-15-2013, 09:46 AM
yes, sorry, bad terminology but i meant the design 'template' as you describe. cant help i never use them but what ever if you post in this hand coding section you maybe could post code, it isnt really about WYSIWYG. but hopefully someone here has experiencethe dreamweaver stuff

jmichae3
07-04-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm trying to make a basic responsive practice website. I used the system they provide but I can't seem to get a simple header above, two side by side divs below and a footer at the bottom. When I insert the right div it ends up with a space above it in the design view (mobile) and in the full screen view just shows them stacked up. I use the arrow icon on the right div which is supposed to take it up to the same line as the left div. I've made them narrow enough to fit side by side. Why is this so hard? It isn't WYSIWYG.

divs? I would use a table and get it over with.
you can do soem nice stuff with tables.
if you still want to use divs, you can tell them to act like a table.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html

edbr
07-09-2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28741

lays out the reasons for not using tables quite clearly and i would say sensibly

ionamartin123
07-30-2013, 10:47 AM
No this is not using the templates. Rather it is using the Fluid Grid Layout and Fluid Div Layout Divs to build a site from scratch. I can do this using straight CSS/HTML but I want to try using Dreamweaver's tools. My description outlines the results for me so far.

How can use the Fluid grid layout and fluid div Layout?

jmichae3
08-05-2013, 04:21 AM
hmm. I use dreamweaver for both coding and design. I alternate between the two often. the folks at adobe do also. I also use split mode a lot.

you can make your own templates (.dwt in the /Templates dir) and such if you know what you are doing.

just what exactly do you mean by "using dreamweaver's tools"?

I use dw for lots of things - and alternate sometimes with notepad++ or other editor when I want to search (dw cs5 can't handle searching my site, maybe it's the zip files or exes or something), or handle large html files. part of the reason is it's a 32-bit program.