PDA

View Full Version : Problems with recordsettable in dreamweaver

sigurdh
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Hey guys! I'm working on my IT final, pretty scetchy stuff, because i've slacked too much and i regret my lack of priotizing the right activities.
Anyhow

I have made a table in mysql, and i have got the table into dreamweaver, using - Data Objects - Recordset, and then Dynamic Table

The table includes 15 collumms, and my problem, is that i don't know how to Hyperlink every collumn to a different site. I can link every collumn to the same link, but not all 15 to an uniqe site.

Am not asking anyone to do it for me, but just to tell me how, have been googlin' alot with not the perfect answer.

Help would be appreciated alot!

edbr
06-08-2013, 01:55 AM
need more description that this.
you have 15 fields in your database record?
what is in these fields and how are you trying to add links to them?

sigurdh
06-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Okey, giving the long reply here.

I have connected Dreamweaver with MYSQL Workbench.
In MySQL, i have created a table with 15 names, into 15 different collumns/rows.
I have inserted the table into dreamweaver, using. Insert - Data Objects - Recordset, and then Data Objects - Dynamic Data - Dynamic Table, and now i have the table in the site.

Now, there is 15 uniqe names, and each one of those i have to hyperlink to an "Profile page" to every name.
When i tried it, i managed to link the entire table to ONE site, and not 15 different ones.

How?

Hope this gave more sense

sigurdh
06-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Okey, giving the long reply here.

I have connected Dreamweaver with MYSQL Workbench.
In MySQL, i have created a table with 15 names, into 15 different collumns/rows.
I have inserted the table into dreamweaver, using. Insert - Data Objects - Recordset, and then Data Objects - Dynamic Data - Dynamic Table, and now i have the table in the site.

Now, there is 15 uniqe names, and each one of those i have to hyperlink to an "Profile page" to every name.
When i tried it, i managed to link the entire table to ONE site, and not 15 different ones.

Is it possible to make an ID tag, to make them uniqe?

How?

Hope this gave more sense

edbr
06-09-2013, 01:49 AM
not really,how did you

use a while or foreach loop to echo this value for each record

<a href=" <?php $row['link'] ;?>"> <?php $row['linkname'] ;?></a>

edit <?php $row['link'] ;?>" to your row and fields names