PDA

View Full Version : review system help!

nicolasc
05-16-2013, 10:05 AM
hello am pretty much new on dreamweaver but i have a project to do for a course am having, i've pretty much got the whole website but i have to implement a reviews system which will show the reviewers name, the number of reviews from that reviewer, the date, review title, the actual review and a 5 star rating system on more than one element and the admin of the website must be able to add/edit/delete the reviews which takes us to the point that i need to have some kind of account creation and login.. this system will be in various points of the website..

Am new to this so please i'd like a guide as detailed as possible..

Thanks in advance.

edbr
05-16-2013, 10:24 AM
you will probably need to learn a serverside language it is a difficult task for dreamweaver todo all that with its wizards.

nicolasc
05-16-2013, 11:12 AM
it will only be used offline if that is of any help..

is there no other way? am pretty desperate, he is not giving any information out checked all of the classes notes..he only says figure it out!

i dont mind if its difficult or time consuming i just want it done because this project takes 60% of the final grade

domedia
05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
What is the course you are taking? (link?)
This will help determine what is expected from you.
Does your course cover programming?

nicolasc
05-16-2013, 07:16 PM
The course is called web programming, its basically programming and creating websites with dreamweaver..it doesnt matter if you give me something more advanced than the course i just want it done cause this rating system is driving me crazy!

Thanks

edbr
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
so what language are they teaching you? what database ?
i would opt for php/mysql . havea look at the tutorials on here and i would suggest a look at tizag.com for some general info and tutorials

nicolasc
05-17-2013, 12:48 PM
asp.net and sql as far as i recall along with all the html,xml,css and the rest

edbr
05-18-2013, 01:18 AM
ok then the tutorial here wont help as they are php based check tizag though they probably have. as for being told work it out for your self it is am odd course to say that unless it is a course on how to use search the internet .
you need
a form to submit into database
a form to insert a record for the poll
a page to view results

a database with a table to hold the submissions with a field for like dislike for the poll
or use values 1 2 for like or dislike (0 being default)
if you wany grades of like you could alter to suit
it may be better practice to use a separate table for the pool and join them
thats the simplest method for you i think
a table to

nicolasc
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Yeah its odd! And i dont think am gonna do it..searched my notes and so did for his notes, theres nothing for this! And i have no idea on what am going to do! I need to keep searching! Thanks for your help!

nicolasc
05-20-2013, 08:08 PM
thanks for your help i finally managed to do it with your help..wont be trying again :P