PDA

View Full Version : minimum page width

RainForest
04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Hello,

This has been bugging me for awhile, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask the question. When I designed my (flexible width) pages, I set up the template to have a minimum width, at which point the page would stop shrinking and develop a scroll bar. The homepage was created using the same css as the template, plus extra css just for the homepage.

The homepage (http://www.cityofdepoebay.org) does have a minimum width that works in Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera, but not Firefox.

Pages created from the template (which is every html page except the homepage) don't work on any of those browsers.

the homepage has this code:

#frontPageContent {
line-height: 1.5em;
margin-top: 0px;
padding: 10px;
float: left;
width: 61%;
overflow: auto; and the rest of the pages have this code:

#mainContent {
margin-top: 10px;
width: 79%;
overflow: auto;
float: left;
margin-top: 10px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-bottom: 10px;
margin-left: auto; I'm wondering why I set it up with different margin settings and whether those should be removed. (the different widths are b/c front page has both left and right sidebars). What I'm not finding is a min-width setting, which I was certain I'd done...

RainForest
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I finally found the min-width line:

#outerWrapper {
width: 98%;
min-width: 860px;
padding: 5px;
}It appears in main.css, so it's on all pages. So why does it only work on the index.html page, which has extra code besides main.css?

(I notice I had two margin-top: 10px; lines in the main.css code. Oops)