PDA

View Full Version : Animated GIFs

gentleone
02-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Who said that animated GIFs are sooooo nineties?
Look at this guy what he creates with them.

http://patakk.tumblr.com/tagged/gif

How cool is that?

Corrosive
02-22-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm still not keen. They are pretty clever but ultimately what the hell would you do with one?

gentleone
02-22-2013, 04:34 PM
It's not the point if they are useful to you or anyone... see it as a form of art. :)

Did you ever made one? I made back in the days these ugly animated banners with ImageReady and for a smooth, but simple, animation you needed already 50 frames and thus 50 separate GIFs.

If you look at his animations, they are so smooth, but besides creative some of them are very complicated where he must have used hundreds of separate GIFs

Corrosive
03-03-2013, 10:21 AM
It's not the point if they are useful to you or anyone... see it as a form of art. :)

Did you ever made one? I made back in the days these ugly animated banners with ImageReady and for a smooth, but simple, animation you needed already 50 frames and thus 50 separate GIFs.

If you look at his animations, they are so smooth, but besides creative some of them are very complicated where he must have used hundreds of separate GIFs

No, I've never made one but we have an old copy of Swish Max 2 floating around and I'm sure Jon has created animated gifs with that before.