PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver saving HTML problems

vinnyvangogh
01-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Hi,

I am using DW CS6 using iMac Mountain Lion.

I am putting a web site together for the first time using an Apple iMac / Mountain Lion.
When I "save as" either in the root or a folder - it shows and opens Ok in the application.. but where its saved it changes the fill to MXML.
In the folder view... the column headeers are Name - Date Modified - Size - KIND. ?? Its under KIND that it shows as MXML file. Click and it looks for Flash Builder - not any browser or DW.

Can I alter this - and how??

TIA

Art

jmichae3
02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
I am pretty sure those .mno files are actually just indicator files of what the actual saved files are.
their content, if you to open up one in textpad, you would see is a UNICODE XML file which gives information about a key and a value, the value usually being the original filename.

so those are something I would not mess with. I would check to see with the mac finder or with the dw file browser (if you set up local files correctly in dw). if you have used put, the files should also be on your server along with a lock file. checking in and checking out changes is something you need to learn how to handle if thet feature is on (I avoid it, I prefer to not let dw do ANY ftp). once it gets ftp messed up, it gets royally messed up (lock files and all that, big mess). I would use filezilla or some other ftp for FTP and not dw due to its file locking.

http://filezilla-project.org

jmichae3
02-01-2013, 06:35 AM
sorry that is not a feature you can turn o-n and off. it's always on, you just choose not to use put and get.