PDA

View Full Version : Slider speed not changing

Pauline
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi, I have this site here
http://www.ampmgraphics.com/nolan/index.html

I want to slow down the speed of the slides. It was originally set to 'normal' (being the default). I change this to 'slow' jqueryinnerfade.js file but there is no change. I have tried a variety of numbers and no change. Even when I put it really high or low it doesn't go faster or slower. Usually I don't have any problems changing the speed of sliders.

The only thing I am able to change is the fade speed but I don't want this to change.

Any ideas on how to make it slower? and why it's not changing by the usual means?

Thanks

domedia
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
You have one value for the speed of the transition (speed), and one value for how long to show each slide (timeout).

Since you're not getting desired results, my guess is that you're changing 'speed', while you really want to change 'timeout'. Is that right? I don't see any errors in the code.

Pauline
11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for looking into this.

I had the settings as:

'animationtype': 'fade',
'speed': 'slow',
'type': 'sequence',
'timeout': 100,
'containerheight': 'auto',
'runningclass': 'innerfade',
'children': null

I've played around with the timeout too..changed that to 'slow' and to a high number and low but I still couldn't get it to run slower.

The fade section is this:

$(document).ready(
function(){
$('#rotation').innerfade({
animationtype: 'fade',
speed: 2000,
timeout: 3000,
type: 'sequence',
containerheight: 'auto'
});
});

Any ideas? Happy to change the settings and upload to let you see..

baffled by this!

Pauline
11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I seem to have fixed it! I changed the bottom fade section to this and it works!

$(document).ready(
function(){
$('#rotation').innerfade({
animationtype: 'fade',
speed: 2000,
timeout: 10000,
type: 'sequence',
containerheight: 'auto'
});
});

Many thanks again :-)