PDA

View Full Version : Too much class'es in Class drop down menu

roberts
11-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I am using few extensions for my Dreamweaver site (like lightbox & etc.) and most of them require stylesheets links in head area.

The problem is, it puts unnecessary class'es in Class drop down menu- which I will never ever use. For example 25 classes from lightbox plugin. And when I need to add some class for some object in my site, I have to scroll down or up in Class drop down list through mostly unnecessary class'es.

Is there something to do about this? To remove unnecessary from the list and leave the ones I am actually using?

gentleone
11-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Those classes are necessary for styling the lightbox and the other DW extensions you use. You might not see them directly used in your HTML, but they are there. They and a lot of other elements/tags needed for the lightbox gets added to your HTML (the DOM to be precise) through the JavaScript files in the head such as lightbox.js. You only see those elements and its classes in your HTML (DOM) if you do 'inspect element' in the browser.

roberts
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
gentleone, thanks for answering

I know they are used for lightbox, that's why I mentioned it.

By "unnecessary" I mean they will never be used by me to style any element. It's frustrating to see them in the Class drop down list, because more extensions I will be using, more "unnecessary" classes will be added to the list.

Question is: how to get rid of them to clean up drop down list I am using pretty often?

gentleone
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't think you can, cause that drop down list shows all the classes used in all the stylesheets of that page. All I can think of is when you working on a page is to comment out the DW extension stylesheets, so that they won't show up in the drop down list. Remove the comments once your ready to upload.