PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal menu issues

Alexdevotion
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello Dreamweaver people!

I'm a video guy by trade but I'm straying into websites, or more to the point building my own. So I'm very new to this this and I'm sure I'm doing a newbie mistake(hopefully).

My website can be found at www.devotionvideo.co.uk

The problem is with my horizontal spry menu bar in IE. If you look at the menu bar in firefox it goes across the whole page from home on the left to contact on the right. But in IE the contact tab stops a few pixels from the right edge. I've created the site in dreamweaver CS5.5 and used a html template, 1 column fixed, centered, header and footer.

Any help would be most appreciated. I've seen on other posts not to include lines and lines of code, but if it would help I can or any other info please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Alex

gentleone
11-13-2012, 01:38 AM
I've checked your nav in Chrome on the Mac and there's also a gap at the far right and the reason for that is because the width of .container is 960px and your five ul.MenuBarHorizontal li's are all 190px wide.
5 x 190px = 950px... so there's a 10px difference and that's that gap... change the width of ul.MenuBarHorizontal li to 192px and you will have a total of 960px.

Alexdevotion
11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Aaahhh simple maths..... my teachers always said this would be my downfall :)

Thank you so much for your help!

Alex