PDA

View Full Version : font advice @font-face

tony09uk
11-09-2012, 12:49 AM
I am going to use the @font face command and would like to make the fonts available for as many browsers as possible. I have done some research and found some browsers accept one font format while others will not so I need different saved formats of the same font e.g.

cantarell.eot
cantarell.woff
cantarell.ttf
cantarell.svg

is there a site that offers this or would I have to use similar fonts for example cantarell.eot, aller.woff etc

I have noticed google offers a service, but how much is this going to slow my site down as I will have to make a request to another site to pull the information i need

Corrosive
11-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Tony. Use http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ :)

tony09uk
11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
thanks, I had looked at that site but only found a .ttf .otf never all of what I needed, but got it now, thanks

gentleone
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Tony, there is a @font-face generator on fontsquirrel which generate from a .ttf or a .otf all the fonts you need and with the download (@font-face kit) there is a stylesheet included with a cross browser @font-face CSS rule.

But most of the fonts on fontsquirrel are already generated. If you click on 'view' underneath the font you want and choose on the next page in the tab menu '@font-face Kit', you can download the kit.

tony09uk
11-11-2012, 03:00 PM
top tip! Thanks, think font squirrel can go on my favorites now