PDA

View Full Version : resizing images HELP please

selsong
11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
HI I have used Dreamweaver a lot but I have a new small issue I cannot seem to resolve. Normaly when I resize an image I hold down SHIFT and grab a handle to resize and keep the ratio correct.

For some reason today if I hold down shift it will not allow me to grab a handle.

Can any one please tell me how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Selsong

edbr
11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
franly its better to actually resize images witha photo editing program, dont resize on web pages

selsong
11-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi thanks for the reply

actually its not so much the resizing issue, as to why the shift button is not doing what its supposed to do.

Any ideas? is it Dreamweaver or my laptop?

thanks again

domedia
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
selsong, I'm not sure why the shift function and your images does not work anymore. However, I'l like to repeat the advice edbr gave you, that you should not use that function. It distorts the image and the size/loading time for the image. I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but if you're able to resize the image in your graphic editor instead, then that is a much better solution.

selsong
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
HI there again. Hey they say nothing happens by chance. You might just have helped solve a big issue Ive been having with my website. I have a Photography website: http://www.selsong.com/ssp/index3.html

and Ive been told by a few peole that the images take quite a while to download. You might just have told me why.......so thank you very much:o

I certainly will go and resize my photos in Photoshop and then re load them. cheers.

gentleone
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
And while you're at it. I see you've used also large images for the grey textures. To improve your loading speed regards to this, it's also recommended to make a tile-able or seamless pattern from that with for example a width of 100px by 100px and repeat it with the background-repeat property, but 'repeat' is actually the default value for this CSS property, so you don't have to declare that.

selsong
11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
You cearly know a heap more than I do about HTMl etc. Im not a pro website builder but have only built my own for fun, so all this is priceless information. Thanks you once again. Have a great weekend