PDA

View Full Version : i have problem d/b connectivity in vbscripct asp plz some help me

sagarbhosale
10-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

gentleone
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
What do you want to know? I mean the answer is in the error message
It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

jmichae3
11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
is this one of those microsoft access databases? because if it is,you need to know that it is not a multiuser database. use sql server(mssql), mysql, postgresql(pgsql), oracle, db2, sybase, informix, or some other database server which is compatible with your situation (probably the first one to 3).
someone on the web has accessed the page (you maybe from another tab?) and is causing a problem. I doubt you have exceeded the thread count, but it's possible, and this could be another reason for the message: your database server may need some load balancing or clustering - just a guess mind you.

jmichae3
11-12-2012, 08:16 AM
if your queries are slow, you should look into speeding them up and also tuning your database.