PDA

View Full Version : CS6 and Lion: is it better than CS5?

Yakov
10-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I have CS5 and Lion, and the function of checking links dosn't work at all, and the programm walls down nearly every day. Is it reasonable to upgrade to CS6 or they didn't fixed such bugs or these bugs are just my personal problems?

gentleone
10-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I believe it's a corrupted install. Try to restore your preference file and if that doesn't solves it a complete re-install is your next step.
http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs4-cs5.html

Yakov
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Thank Youy, I'll try. Still, these problems have been instant on the previous Mac, and I've installedCS5 on the new macbook pro just 3 days ago. And, BTW, how do You think -- is it reasonable to upgrade to CS6 if I don't use new functions? Is it more bug free?

gentleone
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I have pretty much the same set-up as you and I have no problems at all, so it's not a bug and must be something else. Did you run an update lately?

Yakov
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
"Update"--You mean from CS5 to CS6? No, I am just thinking about this. I've bought new Macbook pro with Lion a week ago and first of all installed CS5, this is my main work instrument (my site is www.krotov.info). Do You work under Lion?

gentleone
10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
No, update... not an upgrade. Updates is under 'help' and there might be some bug fixes you'll need. Just check that first.
I have CS5.5 on MacBook pro with Lion. CS5 should just work under Lion... I believe even the first CS works still on Lion.

Yakov
11-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I've made the update. No result, it's the same. And I've found out that under Lion my DW doesn't make the renaming of files properly--it doesn't change the links to the renamed file. -( Sometimes some links are changed, and sometimes no. And I have a lot of troubles now trying to fix what DW has done.

gentleone
11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Did you try to restore your preference file as well already?

jmichae3
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
I have cs5, but under windows. updates are abysmal on windows and break incessantly. now it's at the point that AAM wants to update, and it breaks during update, blocking everything else, and there is NO manual update for AAM. current updates are 4.0.5 or something like that for just about everything.

it added facebook capability, which should have been added years ago.
premiere is quite broken for 32-bit cs4 which is included on the content disc.
dw still has LOTS and LOTS of bugs which I reported,and are not fixed in CS5, but may be in a later version. some of which may have just been due to my corrupted windows installation - had it running for 5 years through thick and thin and a couple of bluescreens until one day it refused to let me login. the filesystem was messed up over time and windows gets like that. windows users expect to reinstall the OS every 1-2 years. soI reluctantly repartitioned and reinstalled windows.
don't know about the mac,maybe with the mac the case is OS upgrades every year or two instead...
not sure if this is really going to help anyone or not.
this is my experience.