PDA

View Full Version : Pop up window for enlargements

K.Simmonds
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I use tag inspector / behaviors / open browser window to show enlargements of individual thumbnail photos, and it works well (click on thumbnail, and large photo pops up). But at the top of the enlargement it has all the path details of where the image is say ... WT87 large JPEG image 700 x 525 pixels scaled 99% Mozilla Firefox. Then under that ...... File//C:web/sites/WT/images etc.

I don't want all that info to show up. I just want a simple title. How can I do that? or is there a better way to do it?

Corrosive
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Have you checked out colorbox ever? http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox

K.Simmonds
10-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi, and thanks for taking the time. Yes I've seen it, and it looks great. I think using it may be a little too advanced for me, I don't think I have the confidence or capability. I work completely on my own and I'm not even sure what jQuery is. It's frustrating for me.

domedia
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi, and thanks for taking the time. Yes I've seen it, and it looks great. I think using it may be a little too advanced for me, I don't think I have the confidence or capability. I work completely on my own and I'm not even sure what jQuery is. It's frustrating for me.
K.Simmonds, take this with the best intentions. :) But if you want to do this stuff, you have to suck it up and learn it. jQuery is a framework which makes it very easy to add common javascript functionality to your web site. Study it, and make sure to ask all the good people here for help when you get stuck. We've all been there 8)

edbr
10-16-2012, 04:08 AM
you can do it its not that daunting when you get into it as most of the scripts are pre made and needs very little information modification in the case of what you want to do

Corrosive
10-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Yep, even I can do it! I've even ventured into writing my own stuff using the framework. It's simple and effective. Well worth the effort!