PDA

View Full Version : unbalanced right sidebar

RainForest
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello,

I've been working hard to redesign our website (with clean code instead of the sloppy code of the old site), and most everything's working fine. The front page, however, has a problem with the coding of the right sidebar, and I can't figure out where the error is, although it seems to have something to do with the calendar (calendars and tables in general seem to be my nemesis). Any help in finding the error is appreciated. http://ow.ly/ep0t2

domedia
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
What's wrong with the page?

RainForest
10-12-2012, 04:49 PM
When I'm editing in the main window, if I click ANYWHERE inside the right sidebar, EVERYTHING becomes highlighted in the right sidebar div, as well as the entire sidebarRight code in the code section of the window - including the opening and closing sidebarRight div tags. (At one point I had a similar problem with the left sidebar, and figured out what was "unbalanced" and fixed it.) This makes it difficult to edit anything in the right sidebar, because the highlighting persists until I click somewhere in the code area and the sidebar un-highlights. If I hit the spacebar in the editing area of the right sidebar while it's highlighted, the entire sidebar content disappears.

In troubleshooting in the code area, if I click inside each of the divs and select >Edit, >Select Parent Tag, each of the divs highlights its own code - except for the calendar div. When I click inside the calendar div and select >Edit, >Select Parent Tag, every div in the right sidebar gets highlighted, including the closing div for sidebarRight, but NOT the opening div for sidebarRight.

I can't for the life of me see what's wrong in that code!

RainForest
11-02-2012, 12:03 AM
This problem is really frustrating me. I can't get into the calendar section in design view, because every time I click anywhere inside the sidebar, the entire sidebar gets highlighted! And updating a calendar in code view isn't my idea of fun!

I don't mind doing some of my work in code view, in fact I use it often. But what's the point of having design view if you can't use it when you want? (Again, it's only on this page that I'm having the problem.)

RainForest
09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
This problem has been resolved! (finally!) It had to be a missing or extra div tag, because when I put in notations as to the beginning and end of each div, the problem went away.