PDA

View Full Version : Sections with fill-ins in DW CS5.5

petrus1002
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Greetings to all,
I'm trying to find a way to build a sort of test with blanks that have to be filled in by the user with the correct answer (obviously). This is difficult to explain so I'll illustrate it with an example: "Johnny's horse is _______". Here the user must fill in the gap with the correct answer, thus when the wrong answer is put in, it must notify that it is a wrong answer. Is this possible? I have been looking at DW CS5.5's features like javascript and Spry and can't find anything. Can someone guide me on this, please? It would also be helpful if I can score the user and add up his points at the end. Thanks a mil and glad to be here.

Petrus

johnMoss
10-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Petrus welcome to the forum... Entry validation to that level is not something that DW is set up for to build internally, however you can certainly use spry elements to build out your form. You are going to need php scripts to query the response entries to elements and I recommend you do a google search to find one. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me that a form generator for this type of thing is out there somewhere...

petrus1002
10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for replying John. I've solved the problem by doing exactly as you said in your reply. All the best.